Apply for US Visa : You can feel compelled to visit the US for several different reasons. A visa is the first thing you need to travel to the USA. You need a visa to enter and stay in a foreign nation, either temporarily or permanently.
Depending on your needs and the length of your stay, the United States of America offers several visa classes and subclasses. The United States of America has a stringent visa application procedure. Most visa requests for the USA are for non-immigrant visas, which let Indians travel and stay there for a set amount of time. The United States only grants a small number of immigrant visas, which allow foreign nationals to live permanently there.
Different Types of US Visa
Indian people can choose from several different types of US visas. Immigrant visas and non-immigrant visas are the two basic categories.
Immigrant visas are given to Indian nationals who want to live permanently. The nation grants fewer foreign nationals immigrant visas. (The distinction between immigrant and non-immigrant visas may be relevant).
Non-immigrant visas are given to foreign nationals, including Indians, who have their primary residence outside the United States and want to travel there temporarily. The many non-immigrant visa categories that the United States offers based on the itinerary and length of stay are listed below:
- Employment Visa Business Visa
- Vacation Visa
- Visa for medical treatment
- Student Visa
Nearly 20 subclasses of non-immigrant visas are available from the United States of America to foreign visitors arriving for brief durations. They consist of the following:
- Visa for religious workers
- Visa for domestic employees
- Visitors’ Exchange Visa
- pupil visa
- Transit Visa or ship’s crew
- Work Permit (including H1B, H2A, H2B, LI, H4, etc.)
- Journalist and media visas.
Documents Needed for the US Visa Interview
- Indian nationals frequently require the following documentation when applying for a US visa:
- A passport that is still valid six months after the intended entrance date into the United States
- Colored pictures.
- Certificate of Marriage (if applicable).
- Financial records and bank statements.
- Spouse’s divorce or death certificate (if applicable).
- It is necessary to submit all original paperwork proving the petitioner’s and applicant’s connection for dependent visas or cases based on family.
- For a work visa, the potential employer must provide a letter confirming the key components of the job offer.
- Certificate of Police Clearance.
- Birth certificate.
- Court documents (if applicable).
- Military history (if any).
- Printout of the DS 160 confirmation page.
- US Visa fee receipt copy
- Income tax returns over the previous three years, or Form 60.
- A week-by-week plan for a tourist visa.
- Application of research in real life, whether visiting the US for research.
Qualifications Required for a US Visa
For an Indian citizen to be granted a visa to the USA, they must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have an Indian passport that is still valid for at least six months.
- They shouldn’t be involved in any active criminal investigations or have any criminal histories.
- If dependents or spouses travel with the applicant, they should apply for separate visas.
- Have adequate financial resources.
- Must go through a doctor-approved medical exam.
- Should be very connected to the nation in which they now dwell.
- Should have a compelling cause for visiting America.
- Should not have any contagious illnesses, such as TB.
How to Apply Online for a US Visa
- The general procedures for obtaining a visa to the USA are as follows:
- Choose the type of visa you are requesting.
- Make sure you are eligible.
- Then, go to the official portal where you wish to apply for US Visa.
- Choose the country from where you wish to apply for a visa.
- It then redirects you to the online application form.
- Fill in personal details such as name, address, qualification, passport details, and other necessary details concerning the visa application.
- Verify all the details and click the submit button.
- This way, you can finish the US Visa application process.
How to Apply Offline for a US Visa
Download the application from here.
Fill in the necessary details and send them to the Indian office of the US Embassy.
Schedule the visa interview after paying the application fee.
Show up for the visa interview at the chosen embassy with all necessary documentation.
Now that you have understood how to apply for a US visa, are you aware of the fee and application procedure for a Tourist visa? If you wish to know more about the US tourist visa, then you are at the right place. Click the CLICK HERE to know more about the same.